Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Collection of my Favorite Sketches and Paintings



This is actually my most recent sketch done with pencil of a Starbucks Tall Cafe Latte. It was drawn in My friend's sketchbook at her request at the Starbucks located in Grand Indonesia Shopping Town. I kinda fell it looks quite ok though the curve and position of the coaster is a bit off. It was done in around 15 minutes with the shading added afterwards. I was so happy I got the new Starbucks Logo correct in the coaster there!



This one is an oil painting of my favorite pair of converse shoes! It was done with the canvas and paint that my best friends gave me for my birthday. I kinda liked how it looked in the end. I was trying to go for a more detailed look of the shoes but gave up halfway. But I liked how things turned out.



While this one is a sketch of my left hand done during one of my Maths Lecture (Yes I was not a very good student back then, and I suppose still am). The outlines were added later when my friends told me that it'll look better with darker outlines and I suppose it did. Oh and if you see carefully in the left hand bottom corner there's a small picture of a strawberry shortcake drawn before i drew my hand.



Finally, this is one of my earliest sketches back when i just started drawing. I did this in Singapore's Bras Basah National Library and it is still I believe one of my best and favorite sketches. The object of the drawing was a dried leaf which fell on to my lap while i was trying to study in the library's garden. Talk about inspiration from up above.

I did quite a few other sketches which I really liked. But sadly those were done on Starbucks Napkins or the likes of it, so yeah, most of them end up together with the remains of my iced caramel macchiato. In the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment