Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Reverie - Claude Debussy

rev·er·ie

noun /ˈrevərē/

1. A state of being pleasantly lost in one's thoughts; a daydream
- a knock on the door broke her reverie
- I slipped into reverie

2. An instrumental piece suggesting a dreamy or musing state




This is the song that I am learning to play right now, it is suppose to be the song that I'm gonna play at some concert my teacher is organizing.

I just love the whole piece! And I really think that the hardest part of learning this song is getting the whole feel of the song and I suppose capturing the image that the song is trying to convey.

At first I was having a hard time learning this song. It's not a fast piece or anything it's just that I was having problems understanding the piece itself. I was trudging through this piece for almost a month already and am stuck in page 3 out of 5 with no significant improvements for around 2 weeks. Finally I listened to this rendition of reverie on youtube and this video opened my eyes to what the music really is about, what I should do and feel when I play the music. Even after listening it for a few times I never get bored of this song, it's just so beautiful. Listening to this made me really want to practice hard and do justice to the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment