Sunday, April 17, 2011

Rediscovering Old Sketches

Yesterday night I was rummaging through the stuff I brought back from Singapore (trying to find a treasure trove of poems from my Literature Class) when I stumbled upon these few sketches hidden inside notebooks and the likes of them. Not exactly what I had been looking for, but nevertheless I am happy that I found these and am able to post them here.





The three sketches above were done at around 30,000 feet above sea level when I was in a plane from Singapore to Washington DC for my school's Leadership exchange program. The last sketch is actually a remake of another sketch i did using charcoal and coloured pencil which is actually a remake of an oil painting (Lost, sadly) I did for my Art Final exam in Junior High School.




These sketches above and below were done during some self-help-personality-thing lecture which I find rather boring and useless (hence the birth of these drawings). The reason why I split them up into two sections is simple. I like the ones above better and don't really like the ones below. The first sketch is actually a drawing of the Lecture Theatre (LT) where we had the lecture. When I posted that picture on my Facebook page one of my friends commented that he recognized the picture as the LT and that made me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment