Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hong Kong in Blotches of [Misshapen] Colour

I did another watercolour painting today, but this time I tried a full scene instead of individual objects.



It turned out rather...unfinished, but I'm too lazy to do improvements on it today, maybe I'll do it some other time. I don't really think that this is a good painting (hence the title), but this is my first attempt so yeah, I'll forgive myself. Still getting a hang of using the very liquidy paint instead of the thick oil paint that I am very used to. And gotta work on the shapes shading etc.

I feel that there's not enough striking or strong colours inside the picture which makes it look rather washed out. Still figuring things out with my watercolour set.

Oh in case some of you are wondering why the water was painted green, I myself don't really know, I just want it to be green somehow, rather than the murky ickiness it truly is in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment